Monday, January 16, 2012

Great Greens

I have trouble keeping up with my fiber/greens intake. I use to have a juicer and made juices, but then that broke and I was left with just a blender. I've found, though, that a blender is far better than a juicer if you're short on fiber. It's also a great way to get the most bang for your buck out of produce, especially if it's teetering on over-ripeness.


This juice is about a cup or more of packed spinach (stems cut), one large granny smith apple, and three ripe kiwis. It's thick, and a little tart, but it's also jam-packed with fiber. I also don't have to worry so much about finding veggies to incorporate into my meals throughout the day after sucking one of these down.

Martha Stewart's Whole Living Smoothies app is also amazing. It has loads of recipes and nutritional information that can help jump start your smoothie-making.

After this and a glass of water, I'm ready for coffee.
Kiwi, spinach and granny smith apples, all in a fabulous Tennessee tumbler.  Go Vols!